Monday, January 5, 2009

I Thought

I thought I knew but you guessed it, I don't
I thought we moved to the same groove but we don't
You see, my feelings about you have been sort of a front
By front, I mean that they stand in front of me like a mirror to a wall
I'm looking at myself but I'm not liking me at all
That's me talking to the mirror and not the wall
I've hit a wall

You see, I thought I knew you but you guessed it, I don't
I watch you slide in and slide out
Man, I know what you're all about
And at times, you seem all about
But all you're trying to do is figure me out

You see, you and I might truly be in the same boat
But the difference is one of us stays humble, while the other chooses to boast
So tonight I offer up a toast to you
I hope my words are ringing through like a shot in the dark
I'm standing with the lighter about to spark fire to your dry sense of humor
That's what pen is saying to the paper...

I thought I knew you but the problem is I don't know myself
I think I do but in reality I'm trying to be too cool, for you
I'm running to hide now
I'm running out of time now

If there's one thing I know it's this
I took a shot and missed
I held you tight and kissed all of my chances away
I'm looking upwards to find the words to say
Hmmm... the sky is gray and it's going to pour on us today

I thought I knew you but in the end I don't
I thought I knew you
I thought I
Knew you
New you
I thought
I new
I
But...

No comments: