Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beauty

Today I saw beauty and it was for the very first time
I stood there stuck in silence, no pen, no rhyme
It was just me, her, and time
And oh how time stood still
I could feel the hands on the clock, instantaneously lock, the moment she appeared
All sense of fear was gone
Before I realized, the moon had been replaced by the dawn

You see today I saw beauty and it was for the first time
Her presence simply pulled on my lifeline, confined, and complicated my thoughts
Boxed in, my heart began to sing a song reserved for the newborns
Perhaps it was the feeling of love being reborn
I'm torn between feeling dead and alive
I'm torn between running or learning how to glide through this life

Today your beauty held me still just long enough
I forgot about my aches and my pains
It held me still just long enough, that all thoughts were washed from my brain
The only vision which remains is your beauty
You confuse me with smiles and laughter
I can do nothing but imagine a life, here after the worry passes by
Am I that guy...

The answer is probably no
Because right now you don't even know that I exist, in this mist, in this jungle
I dream of you at night and you faithfully appear and hold me tight
However, when I awake I find no one near
I only hear the tick of the clock in my ear
Reminding me that your beauty has gone.....

No comments: