Thursday, December 18, 2008

Go Time (Obama '09)

For such a time as this we sit with weighted breath, bated breath
Some tried to wait but they had nothing left
So with their final breath they whispered for change
Now we sit on the cusp of change
Some are ready to light their crosses, bring back their hoods, and fan the flames

I said we sit on the cusp of change we've been down that dark road before and they're going to try to beat us with canes, I said the dying whisper for change
Much like Gandalf, I command the demons of hate to go back from whenst you came
There will be change, whether if it's with a black or white name
This is why we play the game
This game called Democracy
Or deal more crisis you see but when will you all see
If there's never a different face how can we truly test this thing called Democracy

Today I've decided to move my belongings on top of a mountain far away from here
A mountain where streams, rivers, ships, and hopes all draw near
A mountain where there air is so clear, too clear to ever be polluted
The astute find there are no absolutes so they themselves fail
So today I've chosen to set sail rather than run
I'll be the first to circumvent the sun
These words are meant to hit and then cause your thoughts to run

Are you too ashamed to possibly let it be
Maybe you too can't see, blinded by what others consider to be true reality

But me I've moved my belongings to another shore
A shore where color won't matter anymore
A shore that doesn't border these sin-filled, man-made waters
I've been given my marching orders
Looking ahead I see the faces of hatred's sons and daughters
I apologize but I can't sit and drink with you because I've imposed my own Jim Crow
Now it's time for me to go and go I will because I must
As I look around I don't believe it's only one man who's trying to take away "In God We Trust"

No comments: