Friday, January 16, 2009

Zippo

I refuse to be abused any longer
There's a sense of hunger, which cries from within
So I feed him with a constant supply of knowledge and wisdom
I'm never losing vision of all around me

Some scream because they think they've found me
Look again

You see my village is under siege so now I seize the chance fight back
I seize the chance to attack the strongholds of the untold men and women who walk around with blindfolds
I seize the chance to attack those who see in only white and black
I'm fighting back
I'm fighting to take over your minds and your color pallets in order to paint a new song
Today you'll find me singing songs of yesteryear which fell on the ears of those who didn't want to sing along

So check it, the question is why are they now singing OUR songs
I sit in a dark room but I can see the light
I can feel its warmth
I can tell it's bright
In the end it's us who walk among the DEAD in the brightness of the night

"Shine your lights ya'll"....

( 1 )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!

color pallets to paint a new song...

I love this! See ya tonight!