Sunday, February 1, 2009

6 Shots

Tonight all of my dreams have been replaced
Feelings of hate and malice race across my lips
I've been stripped/tripped
But you've forgotten to deliver the last blow
Instead you leave me lying here
And my emotions, begin to die slow

There's no medal or honor that you can win
You, like so many others, smile and pretend
I caught your presence your spirit in the wind
There was a time not too long ago, when I actually considered you to be a friend

But tonight I lay here in the dark
Bleeding, my words are bleeding on these pages
My thoughts have become contaminated with a plague
Now these words seem contagious, it's so outrageous to think
That soon I'll close my eyes and thus begin to sink
Sink into a place where I've been before
A place where the harsh realities of this world won't matter anymore

One is in the chamber and a click away
Two is in the chamber and with a quick prayer I pray
Three is in the chamber with hopes that one and two fail
Four is in the chamber to assure that this pain won't prevail
Five is in the chamber just for no other reason
Six is in the chamber just to prove that my bags were packed and I was set on leaving.....

No need to hang on, this is the end
Broken perhaps but I couldn't bend

No comments: