Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Image

I am my fathers son
In the end he and I are one

I am my fathers son
As he smiles, my voice echos in jubilation
It doesn't matter what the situation
Even in humiliation, I can feel his smile

I am my fathers son
My heart waits for beat breaks, which beat then break the clouds away
His beats used to break the same way
His past is now my present today

We've both walked in the light and hidden in the gray
We've both ventured to the top of mountains only to see what the fountain of life holds
Cold, it's all so true
That when one sees me, they inevitably see you, dad, coming through each step, each thought; sometimes I whisper in the dark in order to hear your voice come back to me and tell me that I'm ok

You see, today I realized that I am my fathers son
I sing and hum
He no longer whistles because I never learned to keep a tune
He holds his words and that's what I've learned to do
Crazy, fanatic, I've rolled around and come out with all this static and I can't seem to cling to anything substantial
My father wipes me off, sits me down and then brings the wisdom that I so lack

I can't keep track of time
So my father is there to remind me
I can't see where, I'm headed
So my father is there to help guide me
For how long I don't know
But when I look at the mirror, it's not my face but his image which shows

No comments: