Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Maker of Thought

One, two, buckle my shoes
Moving through life like, "Whatcha gonna do"
Moving through life like, "I cannot stomach you"
Caught the flu, about to catch the vapors
Traitors, ultimate penetrators in the cover of the night
It's the light
It can be real if you're traveling by candlelight
It's all so bright
Distraction, distortion
Babies cryin', mothers seeking abortions
Here's the notion
Sex leads to life
Fallin' on my knees, my prayers lead me to Christ
And yours can be Allah, Buddha, or more

I came through the door and saw a dude straight kissin' my girl
Me, I got what you need, but I've always been a friend
And that's what I'll be in the end
Oh baby, just maybe I can figure this out
I'm stuck on this couch, I can't move
I'm about to detonate and I can't find the fuse
In the end, you win and I lose
Choose to stand on one side or another
Choose to allow yourself to rediscover life

Everything is going to be alright, everything is going to be alright now
Take a bow
You're the best supporting actor and the crowd says, "WOW"
How did you do that, where did you go
How much of this real, how much of this is for show
Here's my heart, measure its contents and stamp it best of show
Now you know that I move through dark circles only to bring the light
Now you know that every morning I wake, I pray that I do right

In the still of the night, I held you, I held you tight
You weren't mine and that's for sure
I promise I'll quickly let you go and the you that I speak of is me
And the me that you read are my insecurities indeed
Take heed, stampede the whole world has fallen to their knees don't get trampled
New samples, new disease, new cuts on un-scraped knees

I plant trees, next to seeds, I capture the sun, I fan the breeze
So please join with me....

And teach the young that they can breathe

No comments: