Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Single Story

I write for just a few
Who knew, that words through windows would bounce back
Who knew, that words put to recording would find tracks
The beauty of it all is the fact that I've learned to circumvent the big and run across the small issues just the same
Lame
Tame
Blame
Ashamed
But not shamed or shameful
Deceit
Retreat
My feet they move faster than my brain can push
Kush
They took
A hook and dropped it at the center of my mind
Find
Kind
Speed up
In order to rewind
Defined but no definition exists
Swing
Miss
Cartoons like Heathcliff
Beats lift
Soul shifts
And now I sift through all that I've known and all that I know to really be true
Coming through
Never knew
Who are you
What did I do to end up here at this point
Double joint
Just two points your foot was on the line
Behind
Confined
My time can't be defined by simple words
Chords
Vice Lords
Using swords to slice up and peel
Conceal
Reveal
My hands are now off of this wheel
About to fall over the edge
Ledge
Tonight I make my final pledge to never write again in such a tight space
Trace
Face
Show me your hand
Damn, you had the King and Ace
Pace
Displaced
Words coupled with meaning allow you to travel to another line
Look at my picture, that light is mine
Close your eyes and the darkness sets in and now you're blind

No comments: