Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Divided

It appears as if my mind has been separated but not divided

It's so amazing you should try it

Try to piece together real life and fiction

Independency and sudden addiction

There's the confliction the fork in life

Each time I blink I find myself living a different life

Today I saw the sun for the first time

At least that's what I read on the Sun Dial you see

The problem is you don't see so you keep your mind closed to everything around you

Booo, don't be startled, I'm the one that found you

Now my thoughts they hound you

Surround you, like time chasing the elderly

We're all elderly

Stuck under a spell you see

So how do you spell confused

I don't spell, instead I insert words which come pre-spelled

Like racist, bigots, fundamental zealots, greedy, needy, blind

You know those who can't see me but they feel me

My words are like Braille so if you don't like me, don't mic me

Keep feeling around your darkness you soon will learn to part with

Something greater than yourselves, your insecurities

My pyromaniac tendencies often spark brush fires in the driest of minds

A line was drawn the moment you sat down

You told yourselves either you'd be challenged or you'd be entertained by a clown

It's almost over now the challenge was laughable

I'm neither Bozo or Bono

I'm a 5'7 negro, my mind it soars with eagles, the love of my life is Latino

I try to eat less fast food created by Gringo's

For many years I walked through life single

So my band of Asian brothers would take me out to mingle

My soul it tingles, that's the Indian in me

Either Indian or Indian you'll still find me standing at Wounded Knee

The complexity is simple

My words have embedding themselves deep inside of your temple

My tempo is always the same, Steady

I…I…I… was born ready

This is our time, so divided we should stand

Because united we've fallen

The closer we listen, the louder I hear them calling

They're calling our names

They're still crying

They want US to put out the flames of hatred

But these flames still burn across my body as my soul lies here naked

Take this, this is all you can have

You can touch my body but you can't affect my soul

So I take my fallen sister's, brother's, grandfather's, grandmother's, mother's, and father's voices and dreams with me every where I go….

I have them tattooed across my back

But I can't look back because it wasn't me

Or was it me, my soul is crying now

We come from that seed of thrashing and pain

We come from that seed that was thrown out during the rain and asked to take root

So as others drown around me my roots take shape and my knowledge grows

I was dropped off on top of the highest peak

So instead of yelling I whisper

And that's how I've learned to speak

When placed on higher peaks, mountains, and plateau's

Those in the valley below must understand that it's me and a million other souls

Standing separated but not divided

No comments: