Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Middle Ground

In the middle of the night I gained my sight
I began to fight you see
I was newly cast
I had to grasp that which before I couldn't see
Out of the cold, my mind, body, and soul were exposed to something I can't quite explain
Acid rain, cleansing my battle stains
I felt no pain as those around me cried
My soul had risen but my body had still yet to die
These are the sounds from middle ground
The sounds of both the laughter and the tears
These are the sounds from middle ground
Even after all these years of fear
These are the sounds that play at night when hearts songs are to heavy to bear
These are the sounds of middle ground after all these years
The beat of the drums began to hum as the thunder began to roll
The good and bad were all so sad when I showed up without my soul
Newly cast I had to grasp for something which I didn't know
These are the sounds of middle ground
For all those who don't know
When one is lost and all seems lost there's always one place to go
Listen carefully to the beat of the drum because the thunder's about to roll
And take you straight to the heart of the middle ground because this is the only place to go....

No comments: