Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Late Night

I lost my tempo, I lost my rhyme
I get lost every time I try to keep pace
My face has been erased so many times
I can't seem to draw back how it looked during this present time
So in essence I draw a blank

Someone hit rewind, the tape plays forward as I rewind
Fast forward and then reverse
If it all sounds familiar, it has never been rehearsed
It shouldn't sound familiar because I've never kicked this verse

In church I sat naked to the words left by THE FATHER
Why bother to shape myself in the form of something I'm not
The reward is a place too hot, it smells like Hell
So I think I'll skip it
However temptation draws near and I thirst for sin
So I think I'll sip it slowly, don't want to gulp
The end result is I find myself choking on myself

I lost my tempo and I lost my rhyme
I think that my thoughts are one of a kind
My mind has been erased far too many a time
So my thoughts can never seem to draw the line between reality and fiction
My addiction is my own self-affliction
So I afflict myself with thinking less of myself
No help just harm
Ring the alarm another one is dying, frying
I look to my left and then to my right to see who's lying
Who's kickin' junk in my ear

If you want to talk about me I really don't care
Your noise is falling on deaf ears
This is the year when I finally break loose
I'm loose and you can't even walk a step in my boots
They're loose, just like my fingers as I write, type
There's no sense to hype the newbie
If you knew me, you'd feel me
But you don't, so you can't
Everybody together start to chant

"In the end my mind rest with my soul
For all that don't know, this is only a test
I still got miles to go."

- G.F.T.D. 1

No comments: