Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grey

The words simply fade away
In times of sadness they were easily displayed
The color was grey, the clouds seemingly followed me each and every day
But now I seem to have turned the page
I used to stand at the intersection of happiness and sorrow
All the while wondering about what tomorrow truly holds
The minutes unfold before me, the second hand tick tocks
And its rhythm is starting to bore me
I never had the patience for time
So I threw my time piece away

My body it sways but to a different tune and certainly in a different way
The color is still grey and my thoughts they still stay out at sea
Bury me, out at sea, this is my plea
I'm on bended knee praying that my enemies will find me on bended knee
Take pity on me oh Lord for I have sinned
I stand and I pretend to be something I'm not
Instead of giving all that I've got
I hold on to just enough
My hopes and my dreams
But they're not mine to keep
So I offer them back up to you
What would you do if you could spend a day or two painting in my shoes

No comments: