Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pirated My Ship

So I’ve jumped out of the sky and I’ve fallen into the sea
I’ve lost all need for simple transparency
It’s me and only me
I’ve become a pirate and now I’m setting minds free
I’ve boarded Amistad and I’m takin’ not requesting that you, "Give us, us free"

The world is...
The world is shrinking, the world is stinking, the world is a filtration system for far too much crap
Go ahead sit back and try to relax
It’s easier said than done when you know your time is come and there’s nothing you can do
Except, accept the playin’ of the music as it draws near to you

"Oh when the saints go marchin’ in, Oh Lord I want to be in that number"
You see I’m not truly a pirate, I’ve just pirated my ship and there has been no rape or murder
No type of proposterous disorder
The lack of order is the technique used throughout the world
So who’s to save us now...

Perhaps the intellectuals and scholars
Nah, we’ll kill them first because their brains will only get in the way
Maybe the rich will save us
Who are we kidding, they’ll sell their young to save their sums
Ah but at last the poor, the poor, they shall save us
Remember the poor because they shall inheirit the Kingdom

Innate within our less than ornate make up
We hold on to things which we cannot control
So I ask you to take a stroll down memory lane and remember what brought you here
It’s all so simple isn’t it

The reason you’ve made it this far is because you wonder
Where this might be going
But in the end you too are a pirate on my ship
Demanding that society wil..."Give us, us free"

Choice, either good or bad... You hold the outcome in your hands

1 comment:

CA Commuter Confessions said...

okay, so i like lots of parts in this piece, but i don't think i get all the nuance...


"The world is shrinking, the world is stinking, the world is a filtration system for far too much crap"
that line reminds me of the impromptu piece you performed at Mic & Dim Lights. I remember that thematically that piece was talking about the way that we pollute the earth and our minds. that night was AMAZING! i'm still sad i didn't record it!



and this is simply the truth.

"Perhaps the intellectuals and scholars
Nah, we’ll kill them first because their brains will only get in the way
Maybe the rich will save us
Who are we kidding, they’ll sell their young to save their sums
Ah but at last the poor, the poor, they shall save us
Remember the poor because they shall inheirit the Kingdom"
kill those who question our socially constructed reality and the injustices within it as "normal" and inevitable. the real (everyday, "common") "scholars" and "intellectuals" who are critical are the ones that need to be silenced to keep the status quo running smoothly, right.. those with power will rarely challenge the system because of skewed values..

the thing is.. i don't fully get the ending. maybe you could help me with that? :)