Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Faceless

Let's just face it
In the end I wish to remain faceless
The errors of my ways make me want to get a face lift
So I went out and withdrew a bunch of green with big faces
And now I can no longer taste what I deemed the errors of my ways
Because these greens with big faces erased it
Helped me keep pace with the others in this society with the same faces
The faceless...

Now those with the pretty faces
The ones whose shoe laces and bracelets
Are thrown in as bargins and door prizes after their facelifts
These are the people whom I share my air with
The only problem is my darkness scares them
Ensnares them and they pass their hatred down to their next of kin

Well, I'm tired of being faceless
Scared Shi.less
Who is this
Let me confess
I was with you in the beginning when you thought you were all alone
I just remained faceless
Your status carried you by my presence
So now I present my greatest present

I hope you're hungry because soon you'll taste it
Let's face it, your words left a disconnect between my heart and my brain
The darkness was calling my name so I stood in its warm door
All alone, choosing to remain faceless

We share the same name, it's basic
You just turn your heads so you won't have to face it

1 comment:

CA Commuter Confessions said...

this is a great piece. very incisive and well written. my words would not do it justice. love it.