Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heaven or Hell

I slipped, fell, and violently hit my on a rock
And it appears as if only a few minutes are all that I've got
So my soul floats between heaven and hell
And my would be thoughts are now left to dwell on a cloud next to Heaven and a pit next to hell
I can smell the golden roses from Heaven and the rotten smell of flesh in hell
And I stand frozen as my soul awaits its fate
Its final boarding papers for its final destination
I should have paid more attention during my Evangelation Explosion orientation
I can now see God and I can vaguely hear satan
The end is near this is what I've been awaitin'
My journey through life was filled with lies and sin
And now my soul is floatin' at Heaven's gates prayin' God will send the message to St. Peter to let me in
I hear a noise but I don't see the gates begin to move open, like I was hopin'
And souls can't break into Heaven because the door is not just left open
Well then again maybe it is
I remember when I was younger my parents would sing
Some song about praising the King
All you have to do is get on your knees and ask him in
And this is where your true freedom begins
With this thought I immediately awoke and I began to fight back the tears as I choked
Far from done I rose to my feet and I wondered to myself
How did I get knocked off of my feet
Then I realized all along God doesn't miss he was aiming at my knees