Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In Search of Tomorrow....

In search of tomorrow I find today cowering in yesterday's past

Free at last but last of all free

The words and mental exercises which separate me from the rest of this genus

The genus of intellectuals who hang out on street corners asking for another hit

It's never over with when one hits the cold streets and in essence is thrown into the deep

This is when greatness is found

This is when we're noticed, this is when others seem to want to help us the most

Please let's stand together, right now, right here, and let us toast

Let us toast to today cowering in yesterday's past

The sun has cast its shadow on the future

So today I dream in future shadows which will inevitably give way to tomorrow's reality

The true casualties are found, are found lying comatose on the ground

Waiting for someone to revive them

Waiting for someone to breathe the next breath of greatness into their weary minds

So I stand holding my breath, I stand looking, dreaming about how long I have left

Today I dreamed in colors so vivid that God himself hadn't brought names to them yet

So vivid that the blind were able to see and feel the warmth of my dreams

Today a weary sole told me that he too dreamed in Kaleidoscope patterns

He told me that for exercise his brain walked around the rings of Saturn

He told me that he once ruled the world with others like him, like minded men

He told me that today never used to visit yesterday

And that tomorrow was truly married to the future

So it was ok to I dream in future shadows which will inevitably gave way to tomorrow's reality which was in essence is their child

So now I sit and listen for the voices of all of these dreams

But are they all in my mind

Is there a way to unwind all the junk which is bound around ones mind

Intertwined feelings of lust and love

I lust for the chase but I love the mediocrity

There's a sense of hypocrasy which spews out one side of my mouth

It can't come out of both sides right

I'm looking for the light which used to shine so bright

I now see forever standing by a moment who has just opened the door for what if

But what I'm truly seeing are today's tomorrow's wading in yesterday's past

Wondering if forever was just a moment filled with what if's

Forever, something clever that someone came up with who didn't believe in what if's

The world says things like I LOVE YOU FOREVER, I think things like, I hope these words will ring forever

I seek the deaf and the blind in order to drop simple truths inside of their minds

Simple truths delivered through my crooked teeth

But the only relief I seem to find is when I close my eyes and begin to breathe slowly, slowly, slowly

And before I cross over to the other side, I hope to find my tomorrow holding hands with your forever...

No comments: