Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Type or Spell

I think I'm a calm person for the most part
I can start up conversations with almost anyone, "Hello"....
I find humor in most things
I've learned not to jump when my phone rings or sings for that matter
I trust very few people
Thus I get screwed less than most people
I wonder about things, which I have no control over
I mean, who really reads this stuff
I stuff all my emotions in a file called EMOTION
The cancel EMOTION's tab is hidden too
I mean what would I do if the tab were ever found by another

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told that I didn't matter
That my paychecks would never add up and become fatter
My parents taught me how to use a ladder
Because my dreams and wants would always be at the top of the shelf
There are times when I think for myself
No media or friend influences
Just a simple influence, myself
I cannot be rated because even though others try
I simply give them my rating and I tell them to no longer try
I'm second best to the next best thing
When in strong liking my heart begins to sing
I've taken from Handel, Mozart, and Bach and now I'm the King
The secret is, love pulls on one's musical strings

I can't type or spell
My insecurities keep me from telling one and only one simple truth
I can't get loose, I'm stuck
If I were the one driving the truck I'd pull over and get some sleep
Find some relief under the sheets
Isn't it funny how hectic life can get when you're out on the streets
This is so almost complete
The running of feet sounds like the running of eyes
Don't give this one a cry I meant to type try
I can't type
I'm a different type of being
I close my eyes and I start seeing what others don't
Hope; I hope she sees me too, to, two
One, too, to, two,
I'm through.....

No comments: